Okay. Here it is. What you've all been waiting for--the Top Ten moments/events/happenings of our family's 2012 Adventures.
1. First Trimester: This one gets top billing because when we look back at the past year it was the most overwhelming and all encompassing part of the year. We found out we were pregnant (AUGH!) and I started feeling ill. All. Summer. Long.
2. Disneyland: We had an amazing week to vacation in the Happiest Place on Earth in honor of our wedding, our birthdays, and our general awesomeness. We want to go back oh so much!! (NOW)
3. Second Trimester: This one comes in third because it was SO amazeballs to be pregnant ("We're having a baby!") and to actually feel good. Brilliant!
4. Memorial Day 10K: In May we ran a 10K together. It was so fun! We ran the entire time, finished in great time, and we both placed in the top ten in our divisions. Depending on how baby delivery goes, we may just try to tackle this race again (Though I will definitely be walking some of it...)
5. 3 Down, 5 to Go: Mr. C finished 3 more semesters of school this year. It was touch and go through some of it and he even changed his major after one horrendous semester. But we're getting closer! Only 5 more semesters. We can do it!
6. Boston: I traveled east with JHAT on the long-awaited and long-talked-of field study. It was an incredible week and I am so glad I got to see and do everything. I am terribly sad I won't get to go on the trip with this summer's group--but I know they'll have an amazing time! I must say, though, that I am glad I won't have to leave Mr. C or baby for 8 days. I cannot imagine that being a good idea...
7. Flexitarianism: This autumn we changed up our eating habits and made a fairly significant lifestyle change. This is now a Flexitarian household! We're not vegetarians--meat is not forbidden. But we eat vegetarian much of the time and have tried to eliminate almost all red meat. The fun part is we're healthier AND we've found all sorts of new meals we love!
8. Third Trimester: I finally started really looking pregnant and the reality of an actual human being coming into our world SOON hit home. Eek! And man...so exciting! The main downside seems to be the difficulty in sleeping, but what are you gonna do? It comes with 3rd Trimester territory.
9. First Anniversary: We made it to 365 Days of Wedded Bliss and had a grand celebration in September. We've now surpassed that one year mark, but hitting it means we no longer count by months. We may still act like newlyweds half the time, but we are slowly getting the hang of this thing! For the record--Marriage Rocks.
10. Wardies: We've become full-fledged members of our ward now--people actually know us! I was put in as Primary Chorister in the spring and most people recognize me because I'm up leading the kiddos now and again for special musical numbers. And every family with a toddler knows Mr. C since he is now an old hand at the Nursery business. Its nice to know we'll actually be recognized by most people who wander in the door each Sunday.
Honorable Mentions go out to family additions (in the way of a new sis-in-law and more nieces/nephews), a new hairstyle for Mr. C (I'm the hairdresser...), and my body pillow (Oh I love it so much...)
So there you go. 2012 was Intense and 2013 is going to be A-MAZING. No doubt about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment