There is a very good explanation for the dearth of posts this past summer. Our explanation has been plain to us, but we've been keeping fairly close mouthed about the entire affair on purpose.
You see, we have been enjoying a love affair of sorts (By "love affair" we are, of course, referring to the 24-7 "morning" sickness that took hold with a vengeance at the beginning of summer and lasted until September) with the wee bebe growing inside me since June and we're not the type of people to share such news to the World Wide Interwebs willy-nilly. In case you were thrown off by the parenthetical, let's make it clear that We Are Having a Baby!
And yes, we are totally and completely thrilled! We found out in June--just after my return from Boston--and have been scaling the heights and valleys ever since. The heights are basically the part where we realize we are going to have an adorable bundle of joy to join our household at the beginning of 2013. We love that part! The valleys would specifically be Weeks 4-15 when I was nasty sick and felt disgusting ALL. THE. TIME.
But it is second trimester and we're feeling great so we're back to the highest of heights with this one!
One of my favorite people--E.R.R.--is actually due the exact same day/week/ish as us. In homage to her brilliance, let me "answer all your questions:"
- Yes, I was sick as a dog. I complained to Mr. C. a whole heap. But now I am happily feeling GREAT!
- Yes, this is happy news!
- February 19th-ish.
- Yes we are so excited!!
- I'm 21 weeks along
- No, I don't know what this means about work and stuff. We'll have to see how that goes!
- I haven't had any real cravings, but this summer I ate A LOT of burritos and cold cereal. Fact.
- Yes, Mr. C is thrilled
- Yes, I'm taking my vitamins
- Yes, that amazing husband of mine is taking great care of me
- No, my clothes do not fit me and I am now adjusting to the comfort of maternity clothes. That secret belly thing is Amazeballs.
- Yes you may buy us copious amounts of darling baby clothes, toys, blankeys, diapers, etc. Get shoppin/quiltin'/sewin'.... etc.
- Yes, we do know our baby's gender and no it is not a secret!
Mr. C has been quoting the following clip--from a classic Disney feature I love!!--ever since the amazing ultrasound appointment (Isn't technology wonderful?!) Monday night:
Yes, its a Bouncing Baby Boy! And he is adorable--even the fuzzy ultrasound view can't obscure that fact. Our handsome little man should be making his debut sometime around President's Day 2013 and we are so excited!! And now that the proverbial cat is out of its bag, perhaps we'll make an effort to post a little more.

Congratulations!!! I'm super excited for both of you.
ReplyDeleteI love this news! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteTara and Skyler,
ReplyDeleteSteve, Tommy, and I are SO EXCITED for you guys! Let me know if you need anything, seriously, anything! Love you!
Yahoooo!!! Don't you love that it's around Presidents Day? Cause... yeah. I love your baby already!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting Tara! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm so happy for you guys! That's so exciting!!
ReplyDelete