Life is busy. This is my excuse for being WEEKS behind on reporting about the happy anniversary festivities we enjoyed last month. We got married on September 17, 2011 so the weekend of our first anniversary was screaming for awesome. And Mr. C--who was in charge!--definitely delivered.
With no input from me--I got to be surprised!--Mr. C planned a Friday night vacation to our very own city. We started with dinner at Aristo's, a great little Greek place up by the U. Its one of my favorite spots in the entire Valley and the food never disappoints. It was busy, but that brilliant husband of mine had thought ahead and made a reservation so we got a stellar table with zero wait. DING!
We considered stopping at Ruby Snap afterward for a spot of dessert, but realized we would arrive after closing. Instead we headed into the city to check-in at The Peery Hotel. YAY!!! Now, you probably need some background to understand my exultant yell. I first "discovered" the Peery about 6 or 7 years ago while taking a Walking Tour of the city. This hotel was built at the turn of the century and its just...pretty. And old. And classic. And I have wanted to spend the night there ever since. And now I have! Our room was small, but nice. The bed was super-duper comfy, and that's really the most important thing.
Wouldn't you know it, we checked in and I immediately decided that I really did want dessert. We'd valeted the car and didn't want to get it out again, so we walked. There's an Olive Garden right up the road and it seemed perfect since our first REALLY OFFICIAL and AWESOME date happened at Olive Garden in January 2011. We highly recommend the toasted ravioli appetizer and the ridiculously awesome zeppolli's for dessert. We also recommend our waiter, though now I can't remember his name...Good times at Olive Garden, people.
And then it was back to the hotel to spend a wonderful night celebrating us and sleeping on that ultra comfy bed I've already mentioned. *sigh* So wonderful.
This was all on Friday night and after a Kneaders breakfast Saturday morning, we had to get back to REAL life. Until Monday--our ACTUAL anniversary. We kept it simple and just planned to grab a bite to eat after work (Thank you PF Changs). But Mr. C made my WEEK when he showed up on his lunch break with these beauties--isn't he a gem?!
So happy anniversary to us! Its been an amazing first year and I am super duper excited to see what comes next!!


No comments:
Post a Comment