Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On Being Crafty

A few weeks back we decided to finally use our Groupon to Color Me Mine before it expired. We invited along our good friends, Ari & Ben, and made it a group date.  

If you haven't been to Color Me Mine before, you should go. Its basically a ceramics studio where you get your artist on (...to whatever degree you have an "artist" in you. I don't have much but its fun to pretend!) and paint ceramics and stuff. Mr. C and I discussed options before we went and decided we definitely needed to do a toothbrush holder and then, maybe, something else. 

Our "something else" ended up being far more involved than our toothbrush holder but I think they both turned out GREAT!

First, the toothbrush holder:
We opted to go for something a little more fun than just a tumbler. Isn't he great?! A little brown and blue penguin to hold our dental supplies. Love him.

I owe the idea for the "something else" to my friend, Pippi Longstocking.  She blogged a few months back about this special plate and I fell in love with the idea.  We needed one of these plates!  We put our heads together on the design, Mr. C did most of the work, and we both agree it turned out great!

Our "Special" plate:

So high marks to Color Me Mine. It was a tad pricier than our usual date nights, but it really was a great time. Plus, it made me feel like I might actually have it in me to be "crafty"...when the occasion presents itself, at least.

**Another gold star goes to Cold Stone and their signature creation, The Founder's Favorite. Such a deliciously good way to finish any night, really.

2 comments:

  1. Your stuff looks great--we picked up our vase and it's pretty cool. It makes me want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the penguin toothbrush holder!

    ReplyDelete