It's National Peanut Butter Day! Everyone have a Reese's.
This is a month of Resolutions. I set a few for this year. My first goal is to floss my teeth 5 of the 7 days in a week. Generally I floss Sunday-Thursday and then let myself have Friday and Saturday off. I'm usually up later those nights anyway. It works out. Another goal is to write in my journal once a week. That was sorely lacking last year. Which is a darn shame since last year ROCKED! Finally, Mr. C and I agreed on a family goal to eat Spekuloos as often as possible. Its a sacrifice, but one we're willing to make.
In addition to these Resolutions, I gave myself a CHALLENGE on Goodreads.com to read 40 books in 2012. Never one to back down I have attacked with a vengeance! I've so far finished 6 books this year! True, one is a picture book, but its still pretty great! I love reading. My recent recommendations go to Carol Berkin's A Brilliant Solution about the Constitutional Convention, and Ann E. Burg's All the Broken Pieces. Yesterday I started into the National Book Award Finalist Plainsong and I think I'll enjoy it.
So the year has been pretty great thus far. We had a date night to the temple one weekend--different and fun! We finished re-watching the Harry Potter series (I cried). Last Friday we went to the Organ Loft to see Buster Keaton's "The Cameraman." I love the Organ Loft! If you haven't been--go. And before you go, have dinner at Crown Burger across the street with your amazing husband who is amazing because of so many reasons and one of them is that he will buy you a cheeseburger and french fries. YUM! We doubled that night with an old mission companion (and his wife!) of Mr. C's. And Sunday, Mom & Dad C. came to dinner! The lasagna was delicious, and the brownie sundaes were Tasty Mctasty. Of course, the COMPANY was fantastic, too.
So its been a great month. And there is still greatness ahead! This week we're getting a free night in a hotel with one of my conferences, and we're also having dinner at Tucanos! Love that, right?
Life is good. Be happy. I know we are!

No comments:
Post a Comment