Yes, I realize we just posted our Christmas letter which highlighted some excitement from the past year. But its an annual tradition in our little Blog world to detail the year's Top Ten! And considering that Mr. C and I spent most of 2011 together, it seemed appropriate. So during Monday's FHE I proposed we brainstorm our list and, with no further adieu, here is our 2011 Top Ten! (ordered chronologically)
1. Olive Garden: This was the date that really started it all. On January 14th we ventured to Olive Garden for dinner and we'd each agree it was one of the most perfect dates...EVER. From here on out, we saw each other pretty much every weekend, and then every day.
2. Boyfriend/Girlfriend: We decided to "OFFICIALLY" hook it up at the beginning of February, and the next four months were FUN-FUN-FUN! We had a grand ol' time in our dating days. We visited Nickelcade, watched bunches of movies, tried a variety of cuisines, hung with each others' families, and Mr. C surprised me with flowers multiple times.
3. New Wards: We both had multiple changes in wards this year. The Single's Ward we met in was dissolved at the end of 2010 so we started with the Jordan Oaks Ward in January. Then Mr. C's area started a Single's Branch and he went there. Then there was the giant restructuring of Single's Wards across the Valley and we both ended up in new wards again. And then we made the GIANT leap to the Family Ward in September! WHEW! (P to the S: The Family Ward ROCKS.)
4. New Jobs: We both got new jobs this year. I left the classroom for a Teacher Specialist position; Mr. C worked for three different companies as a QA Engineer! He's settled into a pretty permanent place now.
5. May 23rd: On May 23rd, Mr. C joined me for a roadtrip workday. We drove "over the river, and through the woods" to visit teachers in two different school districts. And during the car ride we talked about life and made plans. And at the end of the day we'd decided to get married!
6. Four months + Wedding Proposal: On June 5th I was gearing up to celebrate--low key, of course--our 4-month anniversary. I made cake. Mr. C, however, was planning bigger things than a little celebratory cake. He popped the question that evening and I said YES!
7. Camping: This one was entirely my own pick and Mr. C might not even agree completely that this was a Top Ten. But it was for me! We went camping overnight with my family in August. Maybe it was just getting out of the normal humdrum of life, but I think I fell in love with him all over again on our camping adventure. Plus, I watched him gut a fish. AWESOME.
8. Wedding Day!: This would absolutely be number one if we were putting them in order of brilliance. Best. Day. Ever. We got married! For forever! I'm his. He's mine. *sigh* So wonderful.
9. Thanksgiving & Christmas Holidays: You celebrate with your family your entire life. And then, one wonderful day, you find yourself celebrating the holidays with YOUR VERY OWN family. Me and him. Him and me. And it was awesome! We still visited and saw our family's, of course. But it was a magical holiday season to spend together.
10. New Years Eve Midnight KISS: First one either of us had ever had. Brilliant. Love this tradition.
2011 was really the best year I could imagine having. And these are only 10 of the brilliant things we lived through! Amazing year. Loved it all. Here's to a great 2012!

Here I go again... tearing up. So, so great.
ReplyDelete