Thursday, January 12, 2012

What do you do with brownie mix?

In honor of our marriage, my Aunt Marcie (currently residing in the fine state of GEORGIA) mailed us a case of brownie mix.  A CASE! Yes, she's awesome like that.  Additionally, we received several other wedding gifts in the form of this fine American boxed delicacy back in September.  

So...what do you do with it?  I mean, obviously we can make BROWNIES.  And we do! But are there any other ideas out there? Ways to jazz it up? Use it in other recipes?

Any and all ideas would be welcome. 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I don't actually like most brownies, but I love my Chocolate Chip Cheesecake brownies, where you swirl a scrumptious cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter in the pan... I'll have to see if I can find it and send it to you... (Yay for brownie mix in food storage!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drizzle that mix on ice cream. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone (and I mean anyone) who is a friend of Charisse is a friend of mine. :) Only because I aspire to be as amazing as she is. :) I'm in love with your blog layout. I fully accept your proposal to be friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take 4 T of soft butter, and 4 T of brown sugar. Mix it together. At a t or so of flour, and cinnamon to taste. I added tons of cinnamon. When I thought I'd added too much, I added a little more and it was perfect. Plop that onto the brownie batter, then swirl it around with a knife a la marbled...anything really. Bake as directed, enjoy a better existence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are trying the cinnamon/brown sugar approach today. Crossing fingers my string of bad luck with brownies is snapped with this one!

    ReplyDelete