Tuesday, January 10, 2012

3 Happy Things to Cure a Bad Day

Once upon a time, life threw a curve ball and I got angry. The kind of angry when all you want to do is punch somebody with a heavy handweight, cry, and eat an entire pint of Americone Dreams Ben & Jerry's on the couch.  However, such a response is often frowned upon.  I was really struggling to find anything GOOD to smile about, so I sent a quick text message to some friends/family: "Don't think. Just answer. 3 Happy Things That Make Life Awesome. Go." 

And the responses were magical. And sweet. And funny. And perfect. 

I'm sharing the list so that maybe when you're next having a bad day, you'll have a few ideas to work with on that "Count Your Blessings" thing. 
  • Chocolate, pirates, and movie soundtracks
  • Food, love, and baths
  • Oranges, a baby, and a husband who changes diapers
  • My husband, cheese, and snow
  • I have a job, I have awesome friends and family, and Bacon exists.
  • Chocolate, Taylor "Hot"ner's abs, and Friday!
  • My nephew, popcorn, and books
  • Sleep, the ocean, and sunshine
  • Fridays, coconut cream pie, and spring
  • Bacon, James Bond, and March Madness
  • Hot chocolate, Facebook, and the music of Billy Joel
  • Cookies, naps and poofy blankets
  • Free food, green lights all the way to work, and weekends
  • Funny friends, the Gospel, and music
  • Cuddling in bed, Netflix, and flannel quilts
  • Laughter, children, family
  • Funfetti birthday cake with ice cream, family time, and sunshine
Let it be noted that I was DE-lighted that two different people replied about bacon. And please don't fret about us. We have calmed down and life is good again.

3 comments:

  1. Umm I also zeroed in on bacon.

    Also lets all be happy that ganache exists. Ganache on cupcakes even. Oh heavens.

    Also book club which makes me happy.

    Glad you recovered. Hope all is really well in a long term sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...Bacon...Although I'm still intrigued by the curve ball, I'm glad you found such a great way to remedy the situation. I'm totally stealing it for the next time I feel like punching someone with a heavy handweight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little bro's was James Bond, Bacon and March Madness, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete