Our first Thanksgiving as Married People! The holiday was splendid and, in a word, Crazy. We had ups and downs and changes in plans and bad news and good pie and weird games and fun movies and we were both exhausted by the time our heads hit the pillow. But it was still THANKSGIVING and so I offer {a day late, but its never too late to be grateful!} the annual list of things I am grateful for this year.
My amazing husband, Mr. C. He is my best friend and I love everything about him. I think Train said it well because he really is "the greatest thing about me."
Pie in all its varieties.
My wonderful O family. I love them all and they make me super happy. Especially grateful for a HEALTHY family around the dinner table this year.
The wonderful C family. I will be eternally grateful that my in-laws are not crazy. They are, in fact, fairly delightful all around.
My health and things like THE GYM that help me maintain that health.
A wicked awesome job. This statement should be understood to also include the fantastic people I work with. They are, truly, fantastic.
Friends. I'm always wary of listing actual names because I would hate to miss anybody. I have such incredibly supportive, funny, awesome, and interesting friends. And those friends are ALL OVER THE PLACE as well as just down the road. I'm grateful that those far-reaching friends still stay in touch as often as possible.
Facebook, Google Chat, Email, cell phones, Text messaging, and even good ol' Snail Mail. I'm grateful for all these means of staying in touch with those I love. Also glad I can stay up on the happenings of Fox's "BONES."
Financial stability and all the blessings that come with it--working cars, a warm house, hot showers. It is SUCH a blessing.
Cookies.
The scriptures. I love studying them individually and with Mr. C. Really, just fantastic.
Mascara. Without it I look half-asleep no matter the time of day.
Good books and my love of reading. I am usually reading no less than four books at a time. And I love it! I owe a debt of gratitude to my parents for helping me gain a love of reading.
A good ward. We have been in our ward for just over two months now and the ward members are fantastic. We just got a calling {Nursery, anyone?}, we're speaking in church on Sunday, and we've already been recruited for musical numbers in December AND January. So fun!
Knowledge. I am grateful that I am smart. And that my husband is smart/brilliant. I think the crazy world we live in requires us to use our brains a little more than some people are willing to and I'm grateful for school and LIFE that have given me a lot to work with. Knowledge really IS power.
Blankets. I hate being cold. I love being cuddled.
My crockpot. Oh my goodness, I'm crockpot crazy these days! Chili, chicken, soup, etc. I just love that kitchen appliance!
I'm going to finish up with a big Etc. here. There is so much to be grateful for (including Blog readers who've made it this far!) and I would be here all day if I wanted to list it all. I am very, very blessed. I am grateful for the incredible life I have and I really do hope I never take it for granted.
Happy Season o' Thanksgiving, everyone!

Great list! I looked back through to pick one thing to support in particular, but I can't choose just one awesome thing. So I'll second the mascara for now.
ReplyDelete