Monday, November 7, 2011

Its Just Us

Mr. C and I got married just over 7 weeks ago, and I haven't blogged since the day before the wedding.  So what have we been doing? 
Let me introduce you to our "So-called {MARRIED} Life."

1. Work: I'm still working the grant and Mr. C is still working at the ROB doing that QA Tech thing he does so well.
2. School: I'm still working one night a week at the Adult High School.  Mr. C. is still slaving away at the University doing that Computer Engineering thing he does so well.
3. Travel: No, we haven't been on vacation, but in early October I went to Boise for a History Conference (Motto: Its colder in here than it is outside!) and the week after we both went to Park City where I had ANOTHER conference.
4. Church: We started at our new ward and its pretty fantastic! Everyone has been really friendly and welcoming. We joined the ward choir (I was the ONLY soprano last month. NICE.) and even took cornbread to the Halloween Party
5. Home: Settling in. It took a few weeks but we FINALLY got wedding gifts organized and put away.  Additionally, I am VERY proud to say that we finished (FINISHED!) the thank you cards. BAZINGA!
6. Other things of note: We carved a pumpkin for Halloween, made both an apple AND a pear pie, discovered two great running routes to do together, dried mountains of free pears and apples (Thanks Clydes!) in our food dehydrator (Thanks Uncle Mark!), and established more firmly a routine of eating pizza at least once a week.

Of course, we're also adjusting to the joys of married life and being REAL adults. Paying off cars, car repairs, doctor's appointments, new bank accounts, name changes {ME}, and insurance talk--its all just SOOO thrilling.  But seriously, one of the real joys of married life has proven to be mutual agreement that sometimes going to bed at 9:30pm on a weekend isn't such a bad idea after all. SKIDOOSH!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the earlier bedtime as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back - I've been missing your (not so) randomosities!

    ReplyDelete