Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On Being Sick

Catching the common cold is a fairly normal occurrence each year for me.  I don't know when its going to hit, but I'd say I catch a cold two to three times a year normally.  Mr. C and I both had a cold (Likely the SAME cold, no?) early in our engagement days and I teased him with the "silver lining" that hey--this was just one more thing we got to share!!

 However, I have had my current rendition of The Cold for over a week and its a been a Beast.  Its also been a totally new and disconcerting experience to be sick when I share a bed with someone else.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one who finds night time one of the more frustrating parts of dealing with The Cold. On one hand, I crave rest so I love getting in bed. On the other hand, laying down seems to double or triple my congestion level so I am, in a word, GROSS.  And being night time GROSS with Beast of a Cold has made me ultra aware of the fact that I'm sharing a bed with my adorable husband. And the poor man has to try and sleep at night while I'm coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, etc.  Eww.

Mr. C says he's not afraid of my germs and I think I've fallen in love with him all over again.  

I also think it would be wise to go find some more cough drops before I cough up a kidney. 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Mine just settled in today. I've been fighting it off for a good five days at least. Still, mine tend to stay a while due to my depleted immune system.

    In our house, whenever I'd get sick, I'd go sleep in the guest room (I know, you totally want to come visit now). But the reason being that I couldn't stand sharing a bed while sick AND my childhood bed was in that guest room and it made me feel more comfy and secure. It was just more familiar. Not that my husband EVER has to worry about germs, seeing as he got an immune system of steel (8 years married, sick... kind of... ONCE), but at least he could sleep soundly while I battled it out in the other room.

    ReplyDelete