Monday, April 29, 2013

New Directions!

Right off the bat, please understand this post has nothing to do with "Glee." Thankfully. Rather, its all about the new directions life has taken the C family in the past month. A lot of stuff is a-changin' and I think its all for the best.

Change #1: Remember that big ol' post about breastfeeding? Of course you do. Its had loads more hits than I ever would have expected. Anyway, all that happened. And the first 6-weeks were hellacious (New word I just made up? Probably.), and then on Easter we ate a bunch of candy, Baby C refused to nurse, I cried, and we made a decision to fully embrace The Bottle.  Baby C and I had a conversation, of sorts, and we both agreed that nursing was Stressful to The Max. Too stressful. Eating, in this family, is supposed to be fun. Considering that Baby C always loved bottle feedings, and considering my job as his mom was not to nurse him but to feed him, and considering it would make the entire household a heck of a lot happier...it was a surprisingly easy decision. So now I pump my milk as often as I can, and we supplement formula when necessary. And Baby C is a happy bottle drinker. Yay!

Change #2: I quit my job. My amazing and super fun job. My job with people that I seriously loved working with on a daily basis. Why? Because no matter how awesome that job, it didn't even scratch the surface of how great it is to be Baby C's Mom 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It has been a major adjustment for me (I have been a working woman since 2005 and after 8 years...its a strange thing to not get a paycheck.) but I am adjusting. On the practical side of things, I could also explain that in order to pay for childcare I would have to work. So...working just to pay somebody else to watch my baby so I could work is ridiculous. Plus, this way I don't have to go to anymore 2-hour Specialist Meetings so really its a major Win-Win all around.

Change #3: Mr. C quit his job. WHAT?!! Didn't see that coming, now did you?! I didn't either. But do not fret dear readers. He quit his job after accepting another job. At this new place he'll get to do what he loves (i.e. write computer code/programming. I know. People actually love that stuff. Go figure.) and the pay is significantly better. The downside is that we have to leave the amazing insurance plan at his current place of employment, and he'll have a much longer commute. The silver lining of the commute? He'll pass by a Smart Cookie location every day. DING! But seriously, we're excited. Onward and upward, my peeps.

And that's where it stands. Baby C is getting to be a better sleeper and that makes the whole family a lot happier. We survived April and that, in and of itself, is a little miracle. Mr. C is taking the summer off of school and we couldn't be happier. I'm working myself back into shape--slowly but surely--and giving myself way too much leeway on ice cream purchases. Life is good. Spring is here. Lots of reasons to smile. Skidoosh! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Yay for being a mom :) I have used the same sound reasoning for working part time next year. More hours working = more hours paying a babysitter and as a teacher, the way it all works out being spread over 12 months, I'd probably be losing money. Booyah!

    ReplyDelete