We learned early on that Baby C sleeps better when he is swaddled. We tried to let him sleep "fast and loose" a couple times, but he'd always wake himself (and us!) within hours due to a sudden arm jerk or other baby reflex. So we learned to wrap him tight. Despite our best efforts, however, 9 times out of 10 we were outfoxed by what we fondly termed "The Ninja Arm."
No matter how tightly wrapped, Baby C manages to get one arm out of his bundle! Sometimes its a super fast escape and other times it takes some real effort. But our methodical, magic!, and determined little guy almost always prevails! And once that arm is free...guess who wakes up?
Now we usually stick him in a swaddler that involves Velcro. His Ninja Arm has been foiled, for now. However, he often succeeds in getting one tiny hand out by morning and its usually waving frantically as the rest of him wiggles. Just try and picture it--its grin-inducing, I assure you.
On an even more adorable note, Baby C laughs in his sleep. Deep belly laughs that you can hear across a room. We have no idea what brings them on so its basically impossible to catch them on tape. And that's a darn shame because I can tell you there's few things more fantastic than my baby laughing. Fact.

I was a big fan of the Woombie. It was the only swaddler that T-Bone wasn't able to bust out of (and it feels like I tried them all).
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I love that so much. Sleepy laughs! How cute! We too have a little Houdini on our hands- she busts out of everything.
ReplyDelete