Saturday, August 16, 2014

10 Years

In 2004, I had the incredible opportunity of participating in the Disney College Program in Orlando, Florida. The 4+ months I spent there were some of my favorite and have had a remarkable impact on my life thus far. I met many wonderful people--including 3 of my very best friends (i.e. The Disney Family, as they came to be known). When 2014 rolled around, it was hard to grasp that 10 years--a whole decade!--had come and gone since our time there together. 

This morning I was mulling those ten years and I have to conclude they've been AMAZING. The years from 2004 to 2014 have included:

  • Losing 30 lbs. 
  • Running 3 half marathons and countless smaller races
  • Nose surgery
  • Graduating from college
  • Getting a teaching position
  • Joining Facebook
  • Starting a blog (2, in fact)
  • Becoming a National Board Certified Teacher
  • 7 different apartments/homes
  • Quitting my first job and getting a second
  • Serving as Relief Society President, Ward Music Chair (3x's), Ward Choir director (2x's), Primary chorister, Nursery leader, and I'm now in the Young Women's organization
  • My first kiss
  • 4 boyfriends (one of whom became my fiancee and husband)
  • Buying a house
  • Falling in love (Twice--and one time it stuck!)
  • Getting married
  • Getting pregnant and having a baby
  • Discovering Smart Cookie, Ruby Snap, and Nothing Bundt Cakes
  • Becoming a stay-at-home mom
  • Traveling to NYC (3x's), Virginia, Florida, Boston, Idaho, Texas, Washington DC, Washington state, Canada (for one afternoon...), England, California (too many times to keep track), Hawaii, and Alaska.
  • Buying a car (2, in fact)
  • Numerous new friends
  • Season tickets to Pioneer Theater, Hale Center Theater, and Capitol Theater
  • Learning to quilt
And through it all I have stayed close with Mariah, Greg and Keith and my love for all things Disney has never faltered (I proudly own all 3 "High School Musical" movies on DVD). It has been a pretty incredible 10 years and I fully expect the next ten to be just as amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment