Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Quote "Daniel Tiger" All. The. Time.

Life with a toddler is good times, you just have to know that right up front. I'm happy with him 90% of the time and the other 10% I'm wildly angry but at least it keeps things exciting!

The last couple months have been big ones for our little guy. At the end of April he caught a really nasty cold. He was croup-y for a couple days and just as it started to get a bit better, he went under general anesthesia for a quick procedure and it screwed his lungs back up and so he had a cold for nearly a month. And he got his molars. May was more awful than awesome.  

In May he also had his first Away From Home visit with his Grandma & Grandpa while we went to Disneyland for a few days. The trip was fun--because its Disneyland!--but overall we both remember being fairly miserable with allergies and overwhelmed with the insane heat (104 and 105 degrees for our two full days. NOT AWESOME.) The kiddo did okay with his grandparents but that nasty cold and the teeth...he was glad to come home. 

We went to Park City over Memorial Day weekend and had a deliciously relaxing stay. We ate too much and slept and watched movies and went to the pool. Turns out our little bug enjoys a good swim so that's fun news for the summer! I think we'll definitely try to repeat this kind of vacation in the future. Perhaps annually. 

Most exciting of all--the little bug is WALKING! Yes, it took him more than 15 months to figure it out but he is good! He toddles all over the place, babbling as he goes. When he does fall (and its still a lot, not gonna lie) he is champion about landing right on his tooshie and rarely crying. Love it! He's getting into everything and yesterday discovered the toilet paper roll in the guest bathroom. FUN! I know this is bound to get tiresome soon, but right now we're just so thrilled to watch him walk around and discover his world. He's just so flippin' cute! (And seriously--we can't go ANYWHERE (still!) without some kind stranger commenting on that fact. Our kid is gorgeous. What can I say?!)

Summer is here and I have big plans to read, Index, buy a new "Daniel Tiger" DVD, visit Yogurtland (only a 15 minute walk!), and convince the little bug to walk on grass. Yay Summer!!

2 comments:

  1. I do care! Wildly angry. Love it. I love baby walking! To me it's much better than crawling because I don't have to carry the kid everywhere outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked at your blog in forever. Your little boy is soooo cute! I want to eat his cheeks.

    ReplyDelete