What do you need to know about the C family's happenings the last few months? Let's break it down.
- Baby C is really no longer a Baby. He's a big 14 month old boy now, emphasis on BIG. He's topped 26 lbs. and I think he needs to learn to walk soon because hauling that big ol' kid around is killin' me!
- The little guy has the cutest crawl EVER--he uses one leg and let's the other one sort of shuffle/drag behind. Its awesome and amazing how fast he gets going. My mom says I crawled EXACTLY like that, too. How cool is that?!
- Mr. C's semester has been A BEAST (one reason you might not have heard from us for a while) but when he finishes next week he'll only have 3 more classes until graduation. 3!!
- We all had birthdays in February/March. There were celebrations--most of which involved a lot of food and treats. We all gained weight. It was awesome--just not the weight part.
- Most Sunday nights, Mr C and myself curl up on the couch and watch the appendices to the Extended Editions of LOTR. (Nerds? Yes. Yes indeed.) We're currently closing in on the end of "The Return of the King" and I'm not sure what we'll do when it all ends. *sigh*
- Baby C has figured out how to stand and we expect him to start moving forward into toddling sometime soon. Its still really disconcerting to look over and have him just standing right next to me. BAM!
- Me and Mr C have joined a "health challenge" with some friends. We're starting into Week 3 right now and so far we have both lost weight and we're feeling good!
- We visited Ruby Snap in January, February and April (sorry March) to try their special flavors. I just adore that place. FACT.
- We pre-ordered Frozen on DVD even though we never saw it in the theaters. Since its arrival I've watched it at least 6 times. Love. Love. Love.
- I'm now serving in the Young Women's Presidency in my ward. Its been different--that's for sure!--but I'm adjusting and learning to love it.
- Baby C has dropped his morning nap so we now have a little more time to play each day. Its pretty cool. In the process of transitioning he developed a whole plethora of odd tics and twitches which thankfully are starting to diminish as he's slowly becoming less sleep-deprived.
- I binge-watched all three seasons of Veronica Mars and LOVED it. And then had a fantastic night watching the new movie with mi amigas, Charisse and Katherine. There were Snickerdoodles and marshmallows involved. OF COURSE.
- We're in the planning process for a family vacation to California and I'm super excited--and a bit overwhelmed with all the planning involved in taking a toddler on a roadtrip. But hey--it'll be great!
- Baby C loves Daniel Tiger, Elmo, chili, cookies (YES!), his moose, throwing himself off our bed (we catch him, no worries), reading stories (especially Brown Bear, Brown Bear), rolling Dad's water bottle around, standing up, and watching reflected light on the ceiling.
- I won a Facebook contest that Leatherby's put up. WOOHOO! Once the health challenge is over we'll get to go party at my favorite ice cream place. Can't wait!
- We absolutely love and adore our little Baby Boy (even if he's no longer a Baby...maybe we should call him Little Boy C) more and more each day. Some days are better than others, but we love him all the same!

I'm so glad you blogged and that things are going well. My favorite bullet is about how it's disconcerting when you realize Baby C is suddenly standing right next to you. BAM! Hahaha.
ReplyDelete