Mother's Day 2013. My first official celebration of this holiday as an official mother. It was kind of weird, to be honest. For the most part it felt like any other Sunday, except that I was a bit more brazen in my usual suggestions that Mr. C give me a foot rub after dinner. I think it felt fairly normal because Mr. C celebrates and honors me pretty much every day--be it Sunday, Bastille Day, Mother's Day or just "any day." He's good like that.
On this particular special day, he woke up early and made me waffles. Mr. C often claims he can't cook, but once you've had his waffles you know he's fooling himself. They were/are sooo good!, and a lovely way to start a Sunday morning.
And on this particular special day, he did extra baby duty and fed Baby C nearly every bottle, changed nearly every diaper, and did everything he could to take the stress of motherhood off my shoulders.
And on this particular special day, Mr. C made me this absolutely adorable card--even drawing it with his left hand for the appropriate effect. He gave me the card along with the DVD set of Downton Abbey Season 2 because he seriously knows me.
And on this particular special day, Mr. C grilled the chicken while I got to try a new recipe for the side dish--something I love and adore. In case you were wondering, the whole meal was the bomb-diggety-est of meals. Yum!
And finally, on this particular special day, Mr. C even agreed to watch Part 1 of Downton Abbey with me. Really people, if that's not love I don't know what is!
I had a lovely Mother's Day 2013. I love being a mom. And I especially love being a mom to Mr. C's kiddo because I know he'll be just like his dad--Awesome to the Max.


No comments:
Post a Comment