Its Christmas Time! And as of 1:00 pm Friday I am officially on my holiday break. Being a teacher can really encourage cheeriness around the holidays, I think. We get at least a week off of work; in my nifty position, I chose to get two!
Thursday night Mr. C and I braved the cold to get ice cream because that make sense in below-30 degree weather, right? But it was holiday ice cream! Candy Cane shake? Don't mind if I do! It tasted so festive I think I might need another one before December 25th.
I have no explanation for Mr. C's crazy eyes except that the shakes were GOOD!
Friday night we ventured downtown to see the MoTab Christmas Concert featuring Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. ("Sully!!!!") The show was really good! We were both big fans of the organ solo and anyone who doesn't like the rousing finish of "Angels from the Realms of Glory" must not have a Christmas soul. It should be noted for anyone who may score tickets to this annual event next year--do not attempt to have dinner at Crown Burger prior to concert time. Just...don't. The descriptive words that come to mind are "madhouse" and "insanity."
Last night we went to the O'C Family Christmas party where the traditional festive events occurred. We ate food. We had music--including the adult siblings ripping out a sterling rendition of "Mistletoe" for the in-laws and children. We put on the Nativity--Mr. C and myself were shepherds with the 8-month old, G. Dad read us a Christmas story. And we exchanged a bit of holiday treat-like goodness. For the record, my sister's toffee is A-MAZING and I would do a lot of crazy things to score another bag.
There are presents under the tree!
So far this holiday season we have viewed the following holiday-themed movies:
- While You Were Sleeping
- Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
- Miracle on 34th Street (Original)
- Elf
- The Santa Claus
- Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- White Christmas
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Muppet Christmas Carol
- Mickey's Christmas Carol
- The Night Before Christmas
- Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Original)
And we've still got a week to get in a few more!
Still to come before December 25th:
- Gingerbread Houses
- More pretzel dipping
- Home Alone, Santa Claus 2, Polar Express and It's A Wonderful Life (if we can!)
- Lights at Temple Square
- Fish 'n Chips
- Goodies, goodies and MORE goodies!
Happy Holidays, y'all!!


Yay for Fish & Chips! And you were all totally rocking the Shepherd look in the Nativity!
ReplyDeletei dare you--DARE YOU--to not have a happy christmas when your christmas includes Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. point. set. match.
ReplyDelete