I started cooking for Mr. C months before we got married--well before we got engaged, even! And I do love it. I find great joy in trying out a new recipe or pulling off an old classic with flair and panache. When I find a new recipe that works well I write it down, add it to my recipe file, and then usually tell my sister all about it. After last night's successful rendering of homemade Mac 'n Cheese, I thought I might share the wealth with the one or two of you who read and might actually care.
There are a few websites/Blogs I adore using to find new recipes {Mouse over for links!}.
- Allrecipes.com is my Go-To in almost any situation. If I've got leftover pumpkin or just loaded 10 lbs of strawberries into my freezer, I can always find a recipe answer on this website.
- The Skimpy Pantry. I can't remember how I stumbled on this one, but I love that her recipes usually call for things I already have on hand. I've used and loved her recipes for stuffed peppers, mac 'n cheese, and a yummy baked veggie side dish. All get my seal of approval--and Mr. C's
- Mel's Kitchen Cafe. My sister turned me on to this website and I've enjoyed it. I'm giving two enthusiastic thumbs up for the Jambalaya recipe especially!
- A Year of Slow Cooking helped my love o' the crockpot really take off. We're big fans of the applesauce chicken around our place.
- Joy in My Kitchen has been a fun little website. The Berry Baked Oatmeal is fantastic and this Minestrone soup made me really, really happy.
As I said, I just adore finding a new recipe. I especially appreciate those that don't require 8,000 ingredients or trips to specialty stores. Got any great ones to share? Please do!

No comments:
Post a Comment