Thursday, October 17, 2013

Life Lately

I haven't written since Labor Day and even before then I've been pretty slothful with Blogging. Sorry all! Life has been busy and I just don't seem to get around to this little ol' Blog enough. (Sorry little ol' Blog!) So let me tell you about some of the stuff we've been up to and whatnot.

  • Mr. C is back in school. He's taking two classes and the assignments are very time consuming. He's still working full time and the office is located nearly an hour away from home. So he commutes South 3 days a week for work, commutes North 2 days a week for school (works from home the other hours those days) and spends most of his other waking hours doing homework. Its a busy life!
  • Baby C is a big 8-month old boy! Physically he's tall and sturdy. We definitely understand the latter coming from family, but we're not sure where his vertical prowess comes from. He's had two bouts of teething and a cold in the last month, so we're VERY pleased to have our funny, cheerful boy back! I'm fairly confident he's the cutest baby in the neighborhood and if/when you meet him you WILL comment on his chubby cheeks. Everyone does. And I do mean EVERYONE.
  • I've started writing online at Bubblews.com (Such disloyalty to our little ol' Blog, but hey--it pays better...) and its been a fantastic experience to try my hand at being a "real" writer. So far my most popular post is on our Flexitarian lifestyle (http://www.bubblews.com/news/935031-i039m-a-flexitarian). Go us! We had eggplant burgers for dinner, so I'm no poser y'all.
  • I also accepted a last-minute position to serve as the state's Senate Youth Scholarship Program coordinator. It involves a lot of organization and since I learned from the best (MOM), I seem to be a natural fit for the job. I'm enjoying it so far and I'm just trying to forget about the myriad of things I know NOTHING about.
  • We got to see "In the Heights" at the Hale Centre Theater in Orem this week and really enjoyed it. I'd heard such great things about this show in NYC and I'm sorry I never got to see it out there. Its fun and upbeat and if you're in the area, you should check it out!
  • Christmas is about 2-months away and the ward choir still hasn't even started on two of our songs. Eek! Being the choir director is a new adventure, but I'm slowly coming to love it more and more. I have my very own music stand now. I'm invested. The upcoming Christmas season also has me super excited about Baby C's first holiday. Yay!
  • Thanksgiving is coming and that means PIE. I've decided to attempt a new German Chocolate Pecan pie (I tried some last night at a Relief Society activity. It was heavenly.) as well as the cranberry apple we made last year. Really I'd like to churn out as many pies as my schedule will allow. I love pie.
  •  And since I know you just really want to know more about Baby C:
    • He is fascinated by laundry baskets
    • He smiles big after every sneeze. Loves them!
    • He's doing much better with the solid food and has also switched to soy formula
    • He's a pretty willing running partner and enjoys a breeze (though not a wind) on his face
    • He has a shriek that will literally make your ears ring and has no problem sharing this noise on a daily basis with whomever is around. Its usually Mom.
    • He loves veggie straws and bananas
    • He still is not rolling, crawling or even thinking about it. He is, however, a champion sitter. He's also a master of the sippy cup.
    • He's our favorite thing EVER.

2 comments:

  1. Baby C is adorable! Sounds like a full life :). I'll have to check out your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this blog post a very long time ago! But I think you're great. And so it his post. Also, for some reason Ivy sits in the laundry basket like it's a fun place to be, which doesn't make any sense, but it makes life a lot easier for ten or fifteen minutes at a time. Try it when he gets mobile :)

    ReplyDelete