Friday, March 8, 2013

I've Seen That

Baby C is now 3-weeks old and what a crazy few weeks it has been! There were definitely moments when I wondered if we would survive, but here we are. Nothing is remotely close to perfect, but we're happy for the most part.  I have learned A LOT in a mere 21 days and I know there is buckets more I still need to know. All that will come in its own due time, I'm sure. Today I want to focus on one thing I learned quick--breastfeeding takes a long time and its fairly boring (though sweet in its own way!), and that's why so many moms watch so much TV.  

Read on for a list of everything I have watched in the past 3 weeks...its ridiculous. Especially considering I tried to occasionally limit my media intake and keep the TV off for a feeding or two.
  • 5 episodes of Alias
  • 2 episodes of Downton Abbey (I don't think the season finale was done well at all. Bad form Julian. Bad form.)
  • 2 episodes of Castle 
  • 2 episodes of The Best Food Ever
  • The Today Show on a daily basis
  • An episode of Nature about Crows
  • An episode or two of Antiques Roadshow
  • Multiple episodes of Mad Money...a show I really don't even like/get but there's not much on at 3am. Really.   
  • More episodes of Criminal Minds than I can count
  • 4-5 episodes of Without a Trace
  • Rachael Ray 3 days out of 5 in the week (so...let's just say 9 episodes)
  • The 48 Hours episode about Ryan Ferguson
  • Other random television like Dr. Phil, The Doctors, Ellen, Katie, etc.
  •  Tangled
  • Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
  • Rudy
  • The Man From Snowy River
  • Big
  • The Hunger Games
  • Hoosiers
  • Follow Me Boys
  • 13 Going on 30
  • What the Deaf Man Heard
  • The Notebook
  • Newsies
  • Shrek 2
  • Fried Green Tomatoes
  • Win a Date With Tad Hamilton
  • Sleepless in Seattle
  • Bandslam
  • Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
  • Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince
  • All the President's Men
And today we're looking at watching Runaway Bride and/or Pinocchio and/or a little more Alias. Oh get excited...

2 comments:

  1. I added it up once when Ellie was first born, I spent 8 hours a day feeding her. It's a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh you kill me. I laughed right out loud about crows. Watching tv is a must! Otherwise I doze and am woken up by a mad baby being sprayed in the face with breast milk, trying valiantly to latch back on on her own.

    ReplyDelete